6.21.2009

A Design Tribute

"I’m not an abstractionist. I’m not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I’m interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on."
-Mark Rothko



As I scrolled through my text messages on my phone this morning, I saw a message I sent to my father last year around this time. It was father's day and I sent him a greeting. Little did I know that it would be the last greeting of this nature that I would be sending him.

I can't help but choke up as everyone celebrates all fathers today because I just lost mine three weeks ago. As an architect/artist, the only way I can think of to express strong emotions is to design something. Here is a collaborative product between me and my youngest sister "A" who is an interior designer---an outlet for our emotions as designers, serving as tribute to our father. It is a candle and flower holder that will be fabricated and placed at the columbary.

" The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place; from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider’s web."
-Pablo Picasso

0 comments:

Popular Posts

 

Creative Commons License
Architecture Meets Life by Atelier Lira Luis, LLC (ALLL) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://www.liraluis.com.

Copyright © Architecture Meets Life Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger